Friday, January 18, 2013

Baby Brains & Learning Games

So I've been trying to be creative in Rosetta's brain development and early learning. We have the 125 Brain Games for Babies book by Jackie Silberg. It has great game ideas but I wanted to try something different. Walking around the house and narrating the tour gets a little boring after awhile. If I'm really tired, I want a game I can play easily without doing a whole house tour!

125 Brain Games for Babies book by Jackie Silberg

I just got my computer back from being fixed...Again...and now the sound doesn't work. 
=( Seems like when one problem is fixed another one arises. Anyway,  I You-tubed videos for babies brain development and learning. Rosetta was really interested in the black and white ones. When she started crying, I showed her a calming video and she stopped crying! Great idea for something new to play with your baby! Would be even better with music. I just played her swing music...because that is ALL I had! I really really REALLY love the  Xbox music. We created a playlist of Rock-a-bye Baby songs (LOVE LOVE LOVE) and it was just so adorable. Alas, we had to cut it out of our budget. I will download the songs when I get my sound back up and runnin'!
Here is the first one we watched together called Wee See Collection One.


Here is Wee See Collection Two.


This was the calming video.


Just do some YouTube searches for different videos depending on the age of your little one.
Happy Learning! 

xoxo Miss Maully

No comments:

Post a Comment