Saturday, November 23, 2013

Miss Clean Eats - Clean Eating in 2014 {Research}



Writing has always been one of my hobbies. I used to write poetry and short stories when I was younger, and then my passion turned to papers, research and blogging. {I wont talk about the "Notes" I used to post on Facebook.} 

Another of my passions has been eating. And while it has served me well in the sense of trying very diverse foods and encountering multiple foodgasms, I have indulged a fair too many times. The days of surrendering to my sweet tooth are gone. So are the days of french fries, fried food, pizza, additives, un-natural coloring and all that nasty crap that I never ate growing up. Since living on my own my health and diet have taken a turn for the worst and I'm ready to change the "Freshmen 15" lifestyle and use my creativity and love for flavors and textures into a Clean Eating and Free Wellness Center Membership at my School type of thing.

This crafty and oh-so-busy momma is taking in the reins to focus on school, my family and my health. I have the rest of my life to worry about and right now hobbies are not big on my list of things to worry about. Although I do take the occasional day to unwind and get creative, Serious Crafting is on hold-for now. Nursing School will demand A LOT of my time. And what better way to fuel those early morning workouts and late night studying sessions than a new eating and exercise lifestyle. My goal is to reach 130 lbs and tone my body. I also want to permanently change the way I consume food. 

Don't get me wrong, I love all the gardens for lawns, organic, plants, and sustainability impact on the environment stuff. It's been in my blood my whole life. My parents buy organic everything and It really sucks that I can't afford all that yummy gourmet stuff. I plan to...someday when I have my career and can afford to spend more than $180 a month for a family of three. 

While my clean eating may not all be organic, it will definitely follow the guidelines for clean eating like Produce, Protein, Plant based fats and whole grains.

I am so exited to be starting this journey and can't wait to STICK WITH IT! I'm so ready to be fit and healthy and feel great! 
This post is the introduction to my New Year's Resolution and I hope that you will join me in Clean Eating in 2014. 

Remember- You only have to do something 7 times before it becomes a habit. =)

The Plant-Based Dietitian
Julieanna HeverM.S., R.D., C.P.T. , also known as The Plant-Based Dietitian, is a passionate advocate of the miracles associated with following a whole food, plant-based diet-the established effects of which provide positive healthful benefits.

Clean Program Blog
Dr. Junger describes how he became aware of the toxicity of our planet. He also explains how detoxification and cleansing have been around for thousands of years, but the knowledge has been lost, and right now it’s more important than ever to reclaim this information. Most importantly, Clean is a manual for readers to learn how to turn on and work with their own detoxification systems to restore and maintain optimal health. << LOVE the blog, just not the price of what they are selling...OUCH!! 

Spinach for Breakfast
The purpose of our blog is to provide those currently practicing the Clean program or those just looking for clean eating inspiration, with an organized forum of go-to recipes from a variety of sources. << GREAT Ideas!

365 Days of Clean Eating
I am not a Dr, a Nutritionist or a professional in the health field.  I am just sharing my own passion for food and health and what I've learned over the years. << TONS of really delicious recipes.

Top List of Clean Eating Websites & Blogs
Not all of these websites or blogs are specifically focused on eating clean, but they have been included in my Top List of Clean Eating Websites and Blogs because they all provide valuable information, whether it be healthy recipes, nutrition tips or just general healthy eating and cooking tips. << PACKED with info. 


I will be researching recipes, information and different chefs for the next month to be prepared for my debut in January. I have already had Clean thoughts running through my mind.

Follow my journey with me! Join in on Eating Clean in 2014!


xoxo

Miss Maully

No comments:

Post a Comment